Monday 13 April 2009

A month of festival

May is shaping up to be one huge month. A month full of festivals.

First up there's the Newstead Short Story Tattoo: the only short story festival in Australia. I was pretty impressed to be included in the program and even more so when I found out more about my session:

The Fictitious Woman
The Fictitious Woman brings together some of the strongest storytelling female talent around including Carmel Bird, Cate Kennedy, Josephine Rowe, Angela Meyer, Tiggy Johnson, Eleanor Marney (TBC) and Newstead's own Janet Barker. The event will be MC'd by the driver of all things wordy, direct from Chewton, Zoe Dattner.
Sat 16.5.09, 11.30am, Dig cafe, Lyons Street, Newstead

Then, starting just the following weekend, is the Emerging Writers' Festival, which runs from Friday 22nd May to Sunday 31st May. The program will be launched on 23rd April, so be sure to check out the events shortly afterwards...tickets sold out last year before the festival started.

Anyway, come see me there. On Thursday 28th May, I will be part of the evening's 15 minutes of fame event. Then, on Saturday 30th May I am participating in a panel discussion:

Just Write Dammit!
Writers discuss their techniques to be able to constantly write, as well as reflect on how they structure their writing day.
With Victoria Carless, Andrew Hutchinson, Tiggy Johnson & PD Martin.
Hosted by Matt Davies.
11.00am Saturday the 30th of May
Yarra Room, Melbourne Town Hall

Hopefully this will balance out with the awful month I'm having so far in April. Not so much awful in general terms, just as far as productive writing goes. Should make things interesting as far as talking about the structure of my writing day...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I receieved my program in the mail on Friday, had a quick flick through and for the life of me, I don't know what to go to...

Perhaps you can give me your opinion when I see you.