My mind is in a strange place at the moment. I'm not sure I could write a coherent piece if I tried, so I thought I'd go with a kind of list. It might give you an idea of where I'm at.
* I am really sick of sweeping the bathroom floor.
* On Tuesday, I sat at my 'writing space' for the first time since I got back. I wrote more than 1000 words and it felt fantastic.
* I looked at the poems I wrote while I was away or soon after I got home, and they aren't as bad as I originally thought, especially after a few tweaks.
* Derek Motion wrote a review of my poetry collection, First taste, at Literary Minded. It is awesome I don't know what to say. Except, go read it and buy the book.
* I'm planning to launch the above-mentioned book on Sunday November 28th. Not sure where yet, though I think it'll be called a Going Away Launch Party.
* I've decided to do NaNoWriMo again (more on this in a later post). Well, sort of. I'm going to be a rebel and write (hopefully) 50,000 words that aren't going to form a novel.
* I am pleased that my hardline approach of closing the door and ignoring my 2 year-old's tantrums seems to be working already. I guess he's not as similar to his older brother as I thought.
* My 8 year-old is starting to see how ridiculous someone who's having a tantrum looks and might start to modify his own behaviour. (I realise I'm being mighty hopeful a I say this and assure you I am not holding my breath for any actual change.)
* I realise my daughter might think all boys act like two year-olds when they don't get what they want.
* I am the feature poet this Saturday at Stopping all Stations in Nunawading. I plan to read from my book as well as to share some new stuff.
* I love it when my computer automatically shuts down when I'm in the middle of something, like typing this blog post (this is actually not true).
* The steamed banana pudding I made on Monday was so delicious I plan to make another one tomorrow.
* I am looking forward to driving around Brisbane's southern suburbs on Monday looking at the houses on our (long) shortlist. It feels weird to think that I will probably visit the house we'll move into next year.
* I really hope we don't have a huntsman inside on Saturday for our Open Inspection.
* page seventeen issue 8 is almost ready to go to the printer.