Wednesday 13 August 2008

Competition results

It's always exciting when the competition results come back from the judges. I love pulling out the relevant entry forms to see who has won and whose work will appear in the next issue. There are two things that stood out as exciting for me this year (I should point out that I am saying this before having finished reading the actual stories and poems...I'm sure some of them will be exciting in themselves).

One, from each of the poetry and short story shortlists, there are three new writers.

Two, some of the writers who made previous shortlists appear again. Not sure if this says something about their own consistency, or something about the judges and/or judging.

The shortlist will be available here in another week or so. I think it's fair to give the shortlisted entrants an opportunity to find out themselves first before telling the rest of the world, so if you haven't got an email, you'll have to wait just a little longer.

No comments: