Monday 15 September 2008

Back

Here I am again after a little break from everything. Well, everything writing related. And back I will have to be...in full swing, as there is an absolute heap of work to do for page seventeen before I need to get Issue 6 off to the printer. But I'm not going to go into that today.

Rather, I was pretty chuffed the other day to come up with a second sub-plot for the novel I am scheduling to write in 2009. Well, at least to begin writing. I will see how I go before making such bold claims. I'm not so thrilled with the way the idea came to me, as it required a friend to experience a tragedy, but I am pleased to have a good idea.

Not that I will use what happened to my friend. I am loathe to do that kind of thing, but her experience affected me in its own way, and my own feelings led to an idea that is again, off on a tangent.

I even wondered, as I was making notes of the new idea, whether it might be a better place to begin the novel, as it means beginning with my protagonist in quite an emotional state, but I suspect it might be more effective if I leave it until her character has been established. Either way, there is no need to make a hasty decision...surely I will change my mind dozens of times anyway, such is my nature.

No comments: