Wednesday 2 September 2009

Overload-ed

With MWF over I'm hoping to catch up on some much needed rest, although it doesn't look too promising with the Overload Poetry Festival just days away. Other than the tiredness, I'm really looking forward to the festival, particularly this Saturday night.

At 6pm, at Dante's, there's the launch of Maurice McNamara's poetry collection: Half Hour Country (free), and afterwards I'll be going to Trades Hall for Poetic Riffs, which I expect is the highlight of the festival. Another late night though, hmmm.

On Sunday I can't get to anything, because we're having a party here for Dylan, who turns one next Tuesday. Hard to believe his birthday is so close, but I know I will have fun baking. Haven't fully decided what to make, but so far there is a caterpillar birthday cake and a chocolate mousse meringue cake on the list. Bryden claims to be making a cheesecake. Will try to remember to take some pics before the knife gets stuck into it all.

Once the party's over, I'm aiming for the Spinning Room on Tuesday, and then the Overload Slam final. Not planning anything else at this stage as I'm sure I'll need sleep at some stage and also because I need to catch up on the editing and layout of page seventeen Issue 7. Way behind.

No comments: