Monday 8 June 2009

firsts

Made it to the Word Tree in Upwey on Saturday afternoon and was pleased to learn upon arriving that there were two features for the day: Grant Caldwell and Jennifer Compton. It was lovely to hear Jennifer again and a treat to hear Grant for the first time. It was actually the first time for quite a few of us, so I didn't feel too bad. I bought a copy of 'Dreaming of Robert de Niro', so I might treat myself with a cuppa and the book after I get all my work done.

If you're keen to head out to the hills for an afternoon of poetry, next month's feature is Kristen Henry. That'll be on Saturday 4th July, from 3pm at Burrinja cafe.

On Wednesday though, I'm planning to head down the hill and all the way to Northcote for the launch of the latest issue of GDS. Might see you there.

Meanwhile, I have a few hours to myself today. I have a list. I have made a start. I even think I'm ready to get stuck into the task most tempting to put off.

No comments: